Related Family Branches
Our Rabideaus are descended from Quebec Catholics; our branch of the ‘Robidou’ family arrived in Clinton County, New York from Quebec in the 1850s. Raphael & Euphemie (photo right) were the first members of our family to reside in the United States. The Rabideaus of the Clinton County region of New York are directly descended from Andre Robidou dit L’Espagnol who was born circa 1636-1640 in Sainte-Marie, Spain, the son of Manuel Robidou and Catherine Alue and came to St. Lambert, LaPrairie, Quebec in 1670.
Most of our Rabideaus have their roots in early Quebec and France, although we have some who managed to sneak in from England. We are still discovering and learning about our family and our roots. If you have any information to share, please use our contact page to let us know. We will gladly share anything we obtain.
Rabideau/ Robidou Family Articles:
- 1920 to 1930 Easthampton (The Deyos and Rabideaus)
- A Great Find…
- A Great Find… (part 2) -Raphael & Euphemie Robidoux
- Andre Robidou
- Andre Robidou dit L’Espagnol
- Burgos, Spain- home of Andre Robidou
- DNA analysis
- Find your friends
- Lacolle, Quebec- A brief history
- The Rabideaus early Easthampton, Mass history
- The Raphael Robidoux Family of Altona, NY
- The Raphael Robidoux Mystery