- Have you decided to trace your family history but are unsure where to begin?
- Are you new to genealogy and wondering what to do next?
- Do want to learn how others approach genealogical research?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, the links provided on this page may be helpful to you. I have gathered some 20 Free Genealogy/ Family History courses from groups such as FamilySearch, Ancestry.com, National Genealogical Society (US), Society of Genealogists (UK) or the (US) National Archives might be of interest. These represent some of the world’s most reputable genealogical groups & professionals. All of these links & sites are geared towards the genealogical ‘new-comer’.
Hopefully they will give you added confidence and help you move forward with greater success.
…and as always, your shares, likes, etc. are most appreciated.
If you are looking for our listing of Free Genealogy Tools, Software, etc. here’s a short-cut!
- 25 Best Genealogy Websites for Beginners
- About.com: How To Begin Tracing Your Family Tree
- American-French Genealogical Society: Starting your Genealogy Research
- Ancestry.com Learning Center: First Steps
- Ancestry.org- Beginning Genealogists
- BBC History Trails: Before You Start Your Family Tree
- Beginner’s Genealogy on the Internet
- FamilySearch- Family History for Beginners
- FamilyTreeMagazine: 10 Steps to Start Your Family Tree
- finding Dulcinea: Beginning Family History Research
- FindMyPast: 10 tips to start your family history journey
- German Genealogy Online
- Gulag Bibliography
- Helpful International Websites
- Introduction to family history research in the United States (UNC)
- Kansas Heritage: Beginning Genealogy Lessons
- Manchester & Lancashire FHS: Beginning Your Family History
- National Archives of Australia: Beginning your family history research – Fact sheet 200
- National Archives- Start Your Genealogy Research
- National Genealogical Society: Getting Started
- Rookie Mistakes
- ROOTS-L Resources: Info and Tips for Beginning Genealogy
- The Beginning Genealogist
- TreeRemoval- Trace your family
- UK Society of Genealogists: Top 10 Tips for Starting Your Family History
- USGenWeb: Starting Your Genealogy Research – The Basics
- YouTube- DNA "How-to"
- YouTube- Genealogy "How-to"
- YouTube- How to Research Family History