German Newspapers (Digitalized)

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “German Newspapers (Digitalized)”.

6 Comments

1. Sharon Steadman
    Sep 26, 2010 @ 06:44:23

Mark,

Thank you for your post about the old German newspapers. I hadn’t seen that link before and was able to find the family name that I’m searching – Knetsch – in the Oels newspaper. (Oels is the town where my grandmother Knetsch was born). So far I’ve hit dead-ends on a link between her and her family. The newspaper is 50 years before her time, but I’m excited that maybe it will lead to something. Thanks.

Sharon Steadman

2. Mark Rabideau
    Sep 26, 2010 @ 19:23:01

Hi Sharon

I hope you find useful information. If you’d like to chat regarding approaches on gathering new material, I am happy to offer some additional ideas. Just let me know and we can chat.

…mark

3. Anja Freudenthal
    Nov 14, 2010 @ 11:28:08

I’ve tried opening a few of your links, especially the geneology and historical links. They require a certain program that I do not have and cannot open the docs. Any ideas?
    Thank you.

4. Mark Rabideau
    Nov 14, 2010 @ 11:37:55

Hello Anja

If they are on this site then you likely need a DJVU plugin. See:

Best regards
    …mark

5. cathy walters
    Jul 11, 2011 @ 14:02:58

Hi Mark & group, I’ve down loaded the plug in and tried to search Berliner news papers,my google translator will not work in them. I am afraid I am very lost trying to find Rossin family 1890-up,hoped that in December 1905 obituary of Friedrich Rossin being know two daughters were living in Berlin at time. If by chance you if while your reading them,if you can please take note of them,I would be very thankful.

I tried to down load West Preussen news papers-I couldn’t down load any.

6. Mark Rabideau
    Jul 11, 2011 @ 16:00:59

I all likelihood the plugin won’t work because the text is not digitized but rather merely an image (like a photo).