Related Family Branches
Our Henss Family is descended from Iowa German, Mennonite and Amish settlers as well as Swedish and Norwegian innkeepers and farmers. The Henss branch of our family arrived in Henry County, Iowa from Germany in the mid-1850s. Our Johansson family branch arrived in the Chicago area of Illinois in the early 1900s.
Most of our Henss’ have their roots in Germany, Switzerland, France and the UK. The Johanssons, as you might guess, are primarily rooted in Scandinavia.
We are still discovering and learning about our family and our roots. If you have any information to share, please use our contact page to let us know.
Henss Family Articles:
- 25th Iowa Volunteer Infantry- Civil War
- Anabaptist Mennonite Tradition & Background
- Christian and Mary (Roth) Wenger- A Brief History
- Finding Wilhelm Henss
- Henß Familie aus Beuern (Henß Family of Beuern)
- Isaac & Jackson Allen Family History in 1888
- Isaac Wade and Keziah (Musgrove) Allen- a brief history
- John & Isabella (Solomon) Musgrove Family- a brief history
- John Hall c. 1732 – 1794
- John Hall- Revolutionary Mysteries
- Keziah Hall (Musgrove)
- On the wind
- Rev Johann Eicher II & Margaretta (Conrad) Eicher
- Robert & Jane (Vaughan) Owen- 1684
- Swiss Mennonite History
- Verda Marie Rich Henss
- Wenger Bros. – Wayland, Iowa
- William Hall 1707? – 1757
- William Henss & Katharine (born Kämmer) Henss- a brief history