As a provider of genealogical services, ManyRoads believes it is important that our readers understand our values. After all if you thinking of entrusting someone with your family history shouldn’t you know them ‘a bit’ first? As is stated on the web site and their April 1999 Newsletter article by Barbara A. Brown,
To be a Responsible Genealogist is to be honorable, fair, and truthful, to show respect for your ancestors by presenting a true and complete picture of their existence, to be fair to your fellow genealogists by acknowledging their contributions to your research, and to be relentless in your pursuit of factual data and in the search for the truth.
Briefly here are our core business values:
- We will treat you and your family information with the utmost care and discretion.
- Our partnerships with clients and friends are built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, and care.
- Our work is thorough and professional.
- We are tenacious; we do not easily give up.
- Our genealogical exploration efforts employ innovation, understanding, and empathy.
- We will neither judge nor be judgmental but rather truthful and honest.
- The past is immutable; we will not reinvent, hide, or gloss over acts that occurred.
- We gladly share credit and provide attribution.
In addition to the above, we also subscribe to the Standards and Guidelines recommended by the National Genealogical Society. They are listed below:
- Standards for Sound Genealogical Research
- Standards for Use of Technology In Genealogical Research
- Standards for Sharing Information with Others
- Guidelines for Using Records Repositories and Libraries
- Guidelines for Publishing Web Pages on the Internet
- Guidelines for Genealogical Self-Improvement and Growth