Because I have been asked to provide my areas of interest and credentials to various genealogical groups, for the purpose of identifying future presentation & webinar options, I have elected to create this page. As a technologist (a.k.a geek), it seems only appropriate to use this format and forum. This page will dynamically update itself as my list of potential topic areas/ subjects grows and shrinks…
Please note: we can conduct almost any presentation remotely, without consuming travel costs. We simply need to have access to, any of many, web technologies that allow remote desktop or image sharing, verbal broadcast, etc. If you believe your group might be interested in scheduling a webinar (remotely conducted presentation), please contact me directly to discuss options and arrangements.
Mark F. Rabideau
711 Nob Hill Trail
Franktown, CO 80117
email: ([email protected] – Note: Because the email address is encoded, you will need to open email and type the email address).
You may also use our Contact page to get in touch with me.
Major Areas of Genealogical Expertise
Scheduled Events/ Previous Speaking News
I suspect that no one will request my ‘august’ presence on very short notice. If that assumption is correct (you have to love nested assumptions), anything in the list above and in the list below is a potential for a genealogical presentation/ talk.
We can conduct presentations remotely (as noted above) or I can travel to your group. Whichever works best for your group, works best for me.
Travel: to be covered by the hiring group at US Federal Travel Regulation rates… or at something that seems reasonable to me.
Equipment Needs: provided by the hiring group. I can bring my own PC but everything else needs to be provided ie. Projection, Printing, etc. If we do a remote presentation, then we need to plan for your specific requirements.
Topic Area Suggestions
(as previously posted on ManyRoads)
- “Dit” Names
- “Document” Enhancement
- “Our” Mennonite Churches in Europe
- “Photo” Enhancements
- “Un-German” German Names
- 15 Excellent & FREE Genealogy Sites
- 20-20 Hindsight
- 70 years on…
- 9 October Presentation- Parker Genealogical Society
- A Banner Day!
- A Great Find…
- A new ethnic group? Prussian-Quebecois.
- Anabaptist-Mennonite DNA project participation
- Ancestor Approved Award
- Ancestry Downloads
- Ancestry Hints!
- Another Genealogy Adventure…. part 1
- Another Genealogy Adventure…. part 2
- Another Mocavo offering
- Another perspective on Ancestry hints
- Are you serious?
- Assumptions & Genealogy
- Automated Translations
- Be honest
- Before you start
- Castle Rock Genealogical Society Presentation
- Changes on ManyRoads
- Civility and history
- Cleanup from Ancestry.com #1
- Cleanup from Ancestry.com #2
- Conducting Better German Research
- Copyright, copyleft, protect your stuff…
- Creating a stable FTM 2012 Installation
- Danzig- Westpreussen (West Prussia) Heimatortskartei
- Data Cleanup Tip #1
- Data gathering tools (new, to me)
- Data, Friends, and Reviews – part 1
- Data, Friends, and Reviews – part 2
- Data, Friends, and Reviews – part 3
- digibiblio German Database
- Eastern Germans, a cold case?
- Ethnic German Genealogy
- Examining Photos for Clues
- Family friends…
- Family Tree Maker 2012 running on a Virtual Machine & Win XP
- FHISO announces its first chairperson- Drew Smith
- Find your friends
- Finding “lost” family
- Finding Former Eastern German Place Names
- Finding Genealogy Software (more) pointers…
- Finding German Genealogy Data
- Finding German War Dead
- Finding Wilhelm Henss
- French Canadian Genealogy Searches- Quebec Research Tip #1
- French Canadian Source Materials- Quebec Research Tip #2
- Frieda Senger- Cyrillic Conversion
- FTM 2012 Surprises?!?
- Further WordPress – GRAMPS Integration
- Geneabloggers & ManyRoads
- Généalogie Québecois Genealogy
- Genealogy & Data Management
- Genealogy & PC Operating Systems
- Genealogy & Social Networking Technologies #1
- Genealogy & Social Networking Technologies #2- Twitter
- Genealogy & Social Networking Technologies #3- facebook
- Genealogy & The Rule of Six
- Genealogy Database “Tools”
- Genealogy of Canada
- Genealogy Tips- Backup! Whoa, it’s Free?!?
- Genealogy within context
- Genealogy, Data Quality
- Genealogy- iPad or Netbook?
- Genetic Genealogy
- German Expulsions & the Diaspora
- German Genealogical Societies
- German Genealogy Groups – Deutsche Genealogische Vereine
- German Genealogy Research Aids
- German Illness/ Death Terms and Translations
- German Immigrants 1850s through 1890s
- German Name Spellings
- German/ Prussian Mega-Search Engine
- Google Custom Search Engines & our Mega-Search Engines are down
- Google Search “Tricks & Tips”
- Google Search “Automated Tricks”
- GPS & Genealogy
- GRAMPS – WordPress Integration
- GRAMPS review and decision #1
- GRAMPS review and decision #2
- GRAMPS review and decision #3
- Help Needed?
- Here today…gone tomorrow
- Hermann Hesse & Genealogy
- Hesse (Prussia) Genealogy Research
- Hundreds of Free Genealogy Courses
- ICRC World War 1 Prisoner of War Database
- Image Search “Google Tricks”
- It is not a contest
- I’ve hit a Brick Wall, Now What?
- Jewish (Shoah) Mega-Search Engine