Guest Book

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Guest Book”.

54 Comments

1. gabrielle Laplante
    Sep 12, 2009 @ 08:10:54

My grandfather Willam Laplante is one of 14 children of Celine \Berard and Michel Laplante. The siblings are:
    Adelard J. Badayac-Born 1886
    Gracia M. Anne- born 1887
    Wilfred Michel- Born 1888
    Frederick William- born 1890
    Victoria- bron 1889
    Albert born-1892
    Alfred Josephat- born 1894
    Conrad Rodolph Louis J.- born1894
    Jean Baptiste- born 1897
    Omer- born 1899
    Louis Philibert J.- 1900
    Evangelina-born 1901
    Alice- born 1904
    Marie Rose- born 1912
    Michel is the son of Zoe Trahan, married in 1851.
    Son of Marguerite Chapdeleine Lariviere and Michel Badayc
    married in 1817.
    This Michel is the son of Catherine Arel and Michel Badayc
    Laplante, married in 1794.
    This Michel is the son of Marguerite Bonefant and Michel
    Badayc Laplante, married 1768.
    This Michel is the son of Francoise Demers Dumay and Pierre-
    Ignace Badayc dit Laplante, married in 1735.
    Pierre is the son of Francoise Giguere and Gilles Badayc,
    married in 1705.
    Gilles is the son of Catherine Delalore and Louis Badaillac
    sieur de la Plante, married in 1674.
    Louis originally came for Perigueux in Guyenne, France.

2. Joachim
    Oct 23, 2009 @ 08:49:54

Weiter guten Erfolg bei der Ahnenforschung – Familienforschung – Genealogie wünscht
    Joachim
    http://famint.de/ [Einfach mal anklicken, bis dann!]

3. Rose Mebane
    Dec 02, 2009 @ 19:31:58

Thank you for sharing your story, your research, your feelings and so much more. I plan to visit this site many times in the future as I am researching my own German family who came from Labiau, Preussia. I am amazed at how much history I am learning. I wish I could read German, it would be so much easier to do research.

4. Norma Gould
    Dec 20, 2009 @ 17:23:57

I am so impressed with your site and all the wonderful information available here! It is great to see such interest and passion for people and their contributions, sacrifices, and commitments for the establishment of community and family. I will be back to gain information, inspiration, and to make contribution of information.

5. Jürgen
    Feb 08, 2010 @ 08:34:35

Auf dem alten St. Annenfriedhof 5 Uhr nachmittags Frau Ella Selma
    Hallo, eine wundervolle Website. Sind das die Eltern von Willi
    Wedhorn?
    Wedhorn, geb. Recht, * 21.12.1896 in Pietzkendorf, Kreis Großer Werder, + 14.5.1945 im Lazarett Bergschule an Lungenentzündung, Mann Landwirt Otto Wedhorn
    [APG, Bd 7, 1972/73, Westren-Doll, August: Das Elbinger Totenbuch 1945/46]
    Viele Grüße Jürgen aus Dresden

6. Mark Rabideau
    Feb 08, 2010 @ 09:36:42

Hallo Jürgen

Es ist moeglich das Otto Willi’s Vater war- Willi hat damals ein Bruder der Otto auch hies. Meine Mutter denkt das du es recht hast.

Viel Gluck beim forschen.
    …mark

7. Gerald Montroy
    May 11, 2010 @ 20:47:40

I am a descendent of Louis Sedilot and Marie Grimout who arrived in Kebec in 1637. Their son, Jean Baptiste Sedilot dit Montreuil gave my family its name. The family consisted of trappers and voyagers who crossed the Great Lakes and down the Mississippi to Kaskaskia, Illinois. The Kaskaskia census of 1787 lists Jean Baptiste Montreuil, father,son and daughters living in Kaskaskia. The name became Montroy sometime during the 19th century. Many members of the Montroy family, descendents of Louis and Marie Sedilot populate Southern Illinois. I am preparing an on-line book on the family which I hope to publish in 2011. I appreciate the information you have on early Kebec. I hope to place the descendents of Sedilot/Montreuil/Montroy family in their historical milieu. Any information your readers may have on this family tree would be most appreciated.
    Gerald Montroy

8. Yvonne Scholz
    May 26, 2010 @ 17:00:52

Hallo, sehr gute Webseite. Ich bekomme jetzt auch Ihren newsletter. Ich mache Familienforschung und habe schon seit 30 Jahren Postkarten gesammelt. Ich habe mal Elbing gegoogelt und dort ist gerade eine Postkarte von Elbing im dritten Reich zum Verkauf bei, e-Bay #350357567123. Geht am 29. Mai zu Ende.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Yvonne Scholz aus California früher Düsseldorf

9. Bernard Singer
    Jul 03, 2010 @ 17:22:09

I would like a copy of the Senger file. My gt-grandfather was Carl Senger

10. Mark Rabideau
    Jul 03, 2010 @ 22:40:45

Hi Bernard

As you perhaps noticed, I do not have any Carl Sengers in my genealogy. I am however happy to exchange GEDCOM files with you. Please write me via email ([email protected]) and we can make the exchange.

mfg
    …mark

11. Tommie Cory
    Jul 30, 2010 @ 17:38:24

I love ManyRoads ,The classes are so informative and provide so much German information I never knew before, i want to thank Mark R. for telling me about this site as I had never heard of it before, I use it almost daily. Thanks Mark so much for this fantastic site,please keep up the good work.
    Sincerely,
    TommieJo

12. Eric Jelle
    Sep 01, 2010 @ 16:41:06

Mark – what a very nice site you have put together with Many Roads – aptly named as well for the genealogy lover in us all.

13. Karl-Michael Sala
    Sep 04, 2010 @ 00:38:53

Thanks for your connection on my Group. [...]

14. Janet (Godfrey) Weeks
    Sep 05, 2010 @ 15:01:21

Mark, I want to thank you so much for sending all of the links to websites that may help me in my research. I have been fortunate to have receive a good many helpful links from researchers this past week.
    I went to your Many Roads Website; I must say that you have put so much information into it, and that it is very interesting. I do have some ancestors who came from Germany and other European countries that I am not working on just now. I tried to work in a lot of areas at once when I first started many years ago as I received information and found information. That got confusing when I tried to talk to other people; then too, I did have lots of areas to work from on smaller scale when I did already have information. Now that I am in my sixties(unfortunately) I am trying to work on individual family lines to find more complete information. But in the future, if I get the chance to get back into those families who were closer to the ones coming from Europe to America in the beginning, I may be able to use some of your links to Germany, etc.Again, thanks so much for all of the links that you emailed to me. I appreciate them a lot! Until another, Janet(Godfrey)Weeks

15. Linda Ziegler
    Sep 28, 2010 @ 21:21:58

Thank you so much, big brother, for the endless hours of work that you and your family have put into this wonderful website! I know that all of our descendants will appreciate it as much as I do! I am constantly amazed at all of the information that you have found about our families. It is also interesting in the places where they match the family ‘folklore’ and where they don’t. I’m of the opinion that the real stories are way more interesting than the ‘lore’.

Love,
    Sis

16. Andreas Senger
    Jan 14, 2011 @ 00:19:42

Dear Mark.

Thank you for this information. I am the grandson of Emil Franz Senger, also from Danzig. Emil had a brother Willie and a sister Meta. Perhaps some of your readers will find this interesting. Emil was born in 1910 and died on 25 April 1945 in the “Volksturm” toward the end of the Second World War. My Grandmother, Elizabeth, together with her 6 children were on the Wilhelm Gustloff before she sailed as she was overloaded. She was later sunk by a Russian torpedo and more than 10,000 “Fluechtlinge” perished.

Your Family’s history has awoken my yearning to find my ancestors. Thank you for your hard work to date.

17. Mark Rabideau
    Jan 14, 2011 @ 06:55:43

Welcome Andreas!
    The second war was certainly a tragedy. If you have a write-up of you Vertreibung story, I would love to publish it here. I, also, would be most interested to see if and how our Sengers might be linked, as I am certain they are ‘somewhere’. I am seeking the family of Ursala Senger born about 1920… you wouldn’t happen to have her in your lineage would you? Herzliche WIllkommen bei ManyRoads. Gruss aus Colorado.
    …mark

18. Andreas Senger
    Jan 15, 2011 @ 20:47:20

Thank you for your kind welcome. Unfortunately I don’t know of an Ursala (or Ursula) in my immediate family. My mother is going to send me some original marriage and other documents that may hold some more information. I can scan them and email them to you.

19. Mark Rabideau
    Jan 15, 2011 @ 20:55:49

That would be wonderful, Andreas. Vielen dank!

20. Andreas Senger
    Jan 17, 2011 @ 15:39:42

Hi Mark. I spoke with my mother last night and she said my grandfather, Emil Franz Senger, had 2 brother and a sister. My great uncle Paul had no children and was unmarried, My great aunt Meta had 2 children, Roland and Rosmarie and my great uncle Paul had 10 children. Of those 10 she can still remember a Herbert, Siegfried, Guenther and Edith. The rest she can’t remember.

Apparently my grandfather had to marry my grandmother, Elizebeth Krause, as she fell pregnant, hence there are no parents’ names on the marriage certificate on my grandfather’s side. But I will try obtaining their names, as someone should know.

21. Andreas Senger
    Jan 17, 2011 @ 15:41:01

Sorry, that should be my great uncle Willie had 10 children.

22. Karin Bock
    Feb 11, 2011 @ 09:19:21

Hello Mark,

A friend shared your website when I asked for her help with the abbreviations evKB Zeyer/St.Annen and evKB St.Annen/H1.Leichnam on a document of Mennonites in the Elbing Territory Census of 1811, where two of my Bock ancestors (Jacob and Heinrich) resided at the time. Your website impressed me on many levels – the content, the layout, the wealth of information and the photos of a Mennonite Cemetery especially since Wiens are also my ancestors. I hope to research that arm of the family next.

Currently my search is for anything on Bocks pre 1776 in West Prussia. My gr gr gr grandfather Heinrich Bock emigrated from Prussia to Southern Russia in 1804.

My German is limited but vielen dank,
    Karin

23. Mark Rabideau
    Feb 11, 2011 @ 09:28:25

Hello Karin. Welcome and thank you. I hope you are able to find at least a couple of things here. So much was lost after and during the war that will never be recovered; I try to accumulate everything I can and share it gladly.
    …mark

24. Mary Sergent
    Feb 15, 2011 @ 19:46:48

Mark, I have enjoyed your website the last couple of years. My great grandparents came from Breslau, Silesia, Prussia. I think an area called Rothsurben. The surnames are SCHOLZ and BRIESE. They arrived in NY before Ellis Island in August 1883 on the SS Main. I have often wondered if the relatives left behind are still living, but I do not speak German so it is difficult. I have been volunteering since 1998 for a non-profit corporation and now have time to do more research. Please do not give up hope on us we will try to be more appreciative.

25. Mark Rabideau
    Feb 15, 2011 @ 20:25:51

Hi Mary, Welcome and thank you!

26. Cj
    Feb 22, 2011 @ 20:02:07

I want to correct some of your information, you have my family line in your history website listed as being metis when in fact they are not. I can provide you proof that they in fact were not metis. They were from France with no indian bloodlines.
    The Crevier dit Bellerive line were not metis. They came over from France. Jeanne Evard and Christophe Crevier were not metis, nor were any of their descendants.
    I can also correct your note of Jeanne Aunois being an indian, she was not. She was also directly from France, she was listed in error as being metis when she was at a baptism ceremony and the girl getting baptised was indian, so it was assumed that Jeanne was as well. You can email me if you’d like and I will gladly provide you with ducoments stating that these people listed were not metis.

27. Mark Rabideau
    Feb 22, 2011 @ 20:40:39

Hello CJ…the documents to which you refer were authored by Mr. Garneau. You should contact him for correction to the source materials. However should you wish for me to publish your corrections here, in addition to his documents, I am happy to do that. Please contact me directly with your documents and I will add them here.

28. Gloria Luster (Rabideau)
    Mar 28, 2011 @ 22:07:03

Hi there I was really looking at all of your information and wow you have so much I was looking for some of my own relatives and came across your name. I was born a Rabideau in Windsor Ontario my information has been really scarce because I am adopted and I have been looking for my Metis roots.

29. Catherine Wright
    Jul 30, 2011 @ 19:07:39

What a wonderful website! Thank you so much for sharing your information on Andre Robidou. I am also one of his descendants.
    Sincerely,
    Catherine Wright

30. Mark Rabideau
    Jul 31, 2011 @ 06:18:24

It is our pleasure Catherine. Welcome. We hope you find a lot of useful information here.
    …mark & Becky Rabideau

31. Rhonda Foley
    Aug 01, 2011 @ 19:54:28

My greatgrandfathers’ name was Wilhelm Herman Buchalla born Apr 16, 1871, I was always told he stowed away on a ship to come over and he was caught and had to work for his passage but have not found any proof of this. I have not found him anywhere so I am almost believing this and there is no proof. So is there a list anywhere of ones that stowed away? His father’s name was Franz also went by Georg. I have a picture of his family with everyone’s name and where they were from (Gelsenkirchsen)His mother’s name was Augusta and he had a brother name Fredricke and he also had a sister but can’t remember what it was. I have been searching for them for close to 40 yrs. I would like to find when he came over or say hello to some Buchalla cousins

Rhonda

32. Mark Rabideau
    Aug 02, 2011 @ 06:34:23

Hi Rhonda… it certainly sounds like you have enough information to find your g-grandfather. If you look on Familysearch.org you will find 5 sets of GelsenkirchenChurch Books (3 of which you might find valuable). The town name is Gelsenkirchen (no extra ‘s’ towards the end).
    Good luck! …mark

33. Frank P Mesick
    Dec 22, 2011 @ 14:26:23

My grandfather Joseph Mesick his 2nd Marriage was to Mary Rabideau 1899 Mooers Forks,Ny they had 2 girls.

34. Laura Wilson
    Jan 06, 2012 @ 19:26:35

Hello, First I would like to say you have a wonderful website with much info. It seems I may have some info to add to the Deyo Legacy,I would like to share what I have.Would like to here from you.Thanks for your time. Laura

35. Barry Graham Casebere
    Jan 30, 2012 @ 08:10:12

Mark and all.
    I’m very impressed with your work and your presentation. Although my German lines don’t lead to Prussia, [KASEBIER, Schwarzenau Brethren imm. 1725 to Philadelphia] I expect to learn a lot from your generous sharing. I have a Quebec connection too – Martin Chartier, led a mutiny from LaSalle’s company when the ship sank and they weren’t paid, was arrested, escaped, joining his Shawnee family in their travels from IL to TN, then probably the Carolinas, and finally being granted a manor by William Penn on the lower Susquehanna River. For me, the thrill in genealogy is discovering the stories that would otherwise be lost to the families’ heritage.

36. Mark Rabideau
    Jan 30, 2012 @ 09:33:31

Welcome Barry… yes there are many interesting tales to tell.

37. Robyn Aldridge
    Mar 20, 2012 @ 17:54:54

Dear Mark,
    I’m ever so glad that our paths have crossed. All I seem to do these days is ‘gardening on the web’. Well, here’s hoping my digging and delving can add to the research that’s already borne fruit. Just wish I didn’t have to sleep because I’m driven, wanting to find all things from past German times…
    Thanks for sharing.
    Robyn

38. Mark Rabideau
    Mar 20, 2012 @ 18:03:15

Thank you for visiting Robyn. I hope you find useful materials and information here. As you may have guessed, I’m a ‘tad’ driven myself. ;^)
    …mark

39. April Dauenhauer
    Apr 24, 2012 @ 13:08:09

Hi Mark,
    I put a link to your Many Roads in my blog commentary last Saturday. I will make a permanent sidebar link today. Appreciate all that I have learned from you.
    regards,
    April

40. Mark Rabideau
    Apr 24, 2012 @ 13:42:56

Thank you very much for your kind comments, April. I truly appreciate them. If you would like a reciprocal link, I am happy to provide one from here. ATB. …mark

41. Chris
    Apr 28, 2012 @ 21:42:14

I am also adopted and my mother was a Barbara Rabideau from I believe Dundas Co. either Winchester or Morrisburg area in Ontario Canada. Wondering if I am related to all of you. I was born in 1975. Thank you,

42. Mark Rabideau
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 06:53:03

Hi Chris. Welcome. It is hard to guess without any birth date info on your birth mom and/or her parents names. Was she born a Rabideau? …mark

43. Siggi Kneffel
    May 24, 2012 @ 08:41:15

Sehr geehrter Mark Rabideau!

Da ich in der OWP – Liste bin, ist mir Ihre Seite schon länger bekannt.
    Jedesmal staune ich über diese unvorstellbare Arbeit! Meine Bewunderung und Hochachtung zu Ihnen. Spätestens im August werde ich
    wieder in Danzig sein.

Viele Grüße zu Ihnen,
    S. Kneffel

44. Jenn
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 08:43:28

Dear Mark:

I am a member of the AncestorHunters group and I have learned so much from your postings and I love your page.

I hate asking because I can imagine how busy you are, but do you have a suggestions for looking for immigration information? I am specifically looking for information on a man that left Germany (he was from Baden) about 1860 and settled in Long Island NY. Ellis Island is too late, and the normal venues of Ancestry, Family Search and FOLD3 don’t have anything.

Also, in your experience, how common are the surnames- EISELE, ENZENT and DICKERMAN?

Thank you for taking the time to put together this amazing page of information. You have done an incredible job.

Keep Smilin
    Jenn

45. Mark Rabideau
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 15:28:10

Thank you for your kind words. As for your questions, I will respond via email. 8^) …mark

46. Wendy Conn
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 09:28:03

Hello

I was looking on your site to find out how I can sign up to voulnteer for local look ups in Florida.I was a volunteer for RAOGK, please advise.

Thanks
    Wendy Lay Conn

47. Mark Rabideau
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 09:32:27

Wendy Please go to the GenerousGenealogists site: http://generousgenealogists.com/member-options/volunteers/volunteer-signup/ to volunteer.

48. Phil Thomas
    Aug 26, 2013 @ 03:12:35

Once again I have recently perused some of the pages on this site and continue to find it an extremely valuable source of information on the Flight and Expulsion of ethnic Germans during the period 1944 to 1950. Excellent work.

49. Beth
    Dec 28, 2013 @ 03:28:17

Thank you so much! I’m looking forward to spending more time here as I hunt for information on the Walther and Becker families of Hesse-Darmstadt and Staufenberg and the Thurni family of Rieschweiler, Sudwestpfalz.

50. Cecilia Wandiga
    Mar 30, 2014 @ 12:49:26

Inspirational and informative! Thank you for sharing. The quest for knowledge and connection is compelling (-;

Father’s Line
    Karachouyno (paternal) #6
    Nyakach (maternal) #7

Mother’s Line
    Cox (paternal)
    Alvarez (maternal)

Still searching….

Share your thoughts

cookieassistant.com queries in seconds.