Over the past few months, I have been working at developing and sharing numerous tools and approaches to assist ManyRoads readers, clients, and friends. Given the work that has been undertaken since the beginning of 2015, I thought the year mid-point might provide a good opportunity for me to share was has happened thus far and also provide some insight into my plans and ideas for the future.
Thus far this year we have created and provided the following ‘no-charge’ (free?) genealogy search tools. Our Mega-Search Engine Portal including Search Engines specifically designed to scour the Internet for Genealogy Clues related to:
- German/ Prussian Search
- Quebec (French Canada) Search
- Mennonite – Amish – Quaker Search
- Polish Search
- Jewish (Shoah) Search
- Genealogy in Time‘s 2015 Top 100
- Semantic Search (SenseBot)
Additionally we have:
- begun conducting a no-charge Prussian-German Genealogy workshop at the Parker Family History Center in Parker, Colorado.
- created a single page Prussian-German Free Genealogy Help area (with access to hundreds (thousands?) of no-charge tools and help
- updated our Preußische Adreßbücher – Prussian Address Books
- updated and enhanced the Map Collection – Landkarten
- significantly enhanced our information and offerings in Genealogy Materials & Courses
- provided links to free Genealogy: Getting Started courses (online)
- enhanced Quebec (French America) library, guidance, and texts
- built a significantly larger, more robust Quaker research area.
Our last major accomplishment for the first half of 2015 is that we have been allowed to adopt and manage two pages on the FamilySearch wiki. Our two pages are:
Going forward we plan to additionally adopt the following pages:
I have already begun placing content on both pages. However, FamilySearch restricts the number and speed with which pages may be adopted. We were encouraged to apply for these pages in 6 months. We will do that…
Other items planned for this year include:
- offer a web-based Prussian-German Genealogy workshop to those who require distance learning support (please let me know if you might be interested). I will do my best to keep any offering like this as low-cost as is possible
- continue to update and upgrade the data on ManyRoads including address books, maps, images, etc.