- 24 May 2015
ManyRoads is pleased to announce the release of this Mega-search Engine, this Engine like the others from ManyRoads utilizes Google Technologies to scour the Internet for new and interesting Genealogical clues and hints. To accomplish that objective, we search sites that are unique to a given topic area (such as a faith) or Ethnic population (such as French Canadian, German, Polish, etc.)
Rather than focusing on popular, fee-based sites our engines emphasize harder to find, less well known sites that contain valuable genealogical or historical clues. Please be aware these are largely free sites and many are either based in Europe or are non-English. Thus the results you receive will likely reflect the language of the sites searched. Read our Usage Tips & Guide for advice on how to navigate and succeed in your search efforts.
It is our hope that this search engine will provide you with numerous ‘new & productive” places to “hunt”. These searches may even uncover/find some of your relatives (ancestors).
Usage Tips & Guide
Note: To use our search engine most effectively follow ‘search’ guidance provided by Google. Our Mega-search Engines are built using Google technology and operate in accordance with their procedures.
To begin, simply enter the name(s), term(s) you hope to find. (We recommend you enter terms in the language of the region you search. If you do not know the language, try using Google Translate.)
For more Google Tips:
Want more tips and tricks to help you search like a pro? Check out the Google links below to learn more advanced search techniques.
Once you enter your search, a pop-up window with the results should appear and be “scrollable” for easier viewing. Many of the pages and results will be presented in the language of the sites searched. If you are not familiar with the language, again try using Google Translate to interpret the results. I find using Google Chrome related browsers, with their auto translate function(s), very helpful.
To close the search window Click on the “X” at the top-right of the pop-up.
|While the databases, tools & help on ManyRoads are free, they are not free to produce or host. Sadly, we need to raise money to continue to fund & host our offerings. If you would like to see us continue creating tools & providing resources, please consider a donation.|
ManyRoads Quebec/ French Canada Mega-Search Engine
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home3/rabideau/public_html/many-roads.com/wp-content/plugins/php-code-for-posts/Classes/Shortcode.php(81) : eval()'d code on line 2
Because of the narrow base of available Free sites, I have expanded the focus of this Mega-Search Engine beyond those sites enumerated below; this engine looks first at my listed sites and then at the greater web where it is constrained by keyword. In testing, these results have seemed to be very helpful.
Your comments and experiences are appreciated.
French Canada Mega-Search Sites (Click to view)
Quebec- New France- Canada
- 1666 Census (Quebec)
- 1666 Montreal Census
- Acadian Cajun History & Genealogy
- Actes de mariage des Filles à marier De 1634 à 1663
- Actes de mariage des Filles du Roy
- American- Canadian Genealogical Society
- Artefacts Canada
- Automated Genealogy of Canada
- Automated Links (Canada Census)
- Bibliotheque et Archives nationales du Quebec
- Canadian Ancestors- Leveillee
- Canadian Genealogy Centre Website
- Clinton County NY Genealogy
- Compagnies et soldats du Régiment Carignan-Salière
- Early French Pioneers
- Fichier Origine
- First Census of New France (1666)
- Genealogie Quebec
- Genealogy of Canada
- Inventory clerks of notaries of the French Regime- BANQ
- La Commission franco-québécoise sur les lieux de mémoire communs
- Le Centre de généalogie francophone d'Amérique
- Les Filles à marier 1634 à 1663
- Les Filles du Roy 1663 à 1673
- Library & Archives of Canada
- Lower Canada Land Petitions
- Missisquoi County Rootsweb
- Navires au départ de DIEPPE
- Navires au départ de La Rochelle
- Navires venus en Nouvelle-France
- Nos Ancêtres (Our Ancestors)
- PRDH- Canada
- Québec Genealogy Records Online
- Quebec, Canada Census Records
- Seigneurs, Fiefs et Seigneuries du Québec
- Virtual Museum of New France