- 16 May 2015
- 23 May 2015
- 24 May 2015
ManyRoads is pleased to announce the release of this Mega-search Engine, this Engine like the others from ManyRoads utilizes Google Technologies to scour the Internet for new and interesting Genealogical clues and hints. To accomplish that objective, we search sites that are unique to a given topic area (such as a faith) or Ethnic population (such as French Canadian, German, Polish, etc.)
Rather than focusing on popular, fee-based sites our engines emphasize harder to find, less well known sites that contain valuable genealogical or historical clues. Please be aware these are largely free sites and many are either based in Europe or are non-English. Thus the results you receive will likely reflect the language of the sites searched. Read our Usage Tips & Guide for advice on how to navigate and succeed in your search efforts.
It is our hope that this search engine will provide you with numerous ‘new & productive” places to “hunt”. These searches may even uncover/find some of your relatives (ancestors).
For additional & more complete Free Help conducting
German/ Prussian research visit our:
Prussian-German Free Genealogy Help page.
|While the databases, tools & help on ManyRoads are free, they are not free to produce or host. Sadly, we need to raise money to continue to fund & host our offerings. If you would like to see us continue creating tools & providing resources, please consider a donation.|
Usage Tips & Guide
Note: To use our search engine most effectively follow ‘search’ guidance provided by Google. Our Mega-search Engines are built using Google technology and operate in accordance with their procedures.
To begin, simply enter the name(s), term(s) you hope to find. (We recommend you enter terms in the language of the region you search. If you do not know the language, try using Google Translate.)
For more Google Tips:
Want more tips and tricks to help you search like a pro? Check out the Google links below to learn more advanced search techniques.
Once you enter your search, a pop-up window with the results should appear and be “scrollable” for easier viewing. Many of the pages and results will be presented in the language of the sites searched. If you are not familiar with the language, again try using Google Translate to interpret the results. I find using Google Chrome related browsers, with their auto translate function(s), very helpful.
To close the search window Click on the “X” at the top-right of the pop-up.
ManyRoads Polish Mega-Search Engine
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home3/rabideau/public_html/many-roads.com/wp-content/plugins/php-code-for-posts/Classes/Shortcode.php(81) : eval()'d code on line 2
Polish Genealogy Sites (click to view)
Polska Genealogia - Polish Genealogy
- BaSIA Poznań Project – Greater Poland marriage database
- Bydgoskie Towarzystwo Heraldyczno-Genealogiczne- Bydgoszcz Heraldic Genealogical Society
- Bydgoszcz (Bromberg) online archives
- Bydgoszcz and Toruń (Bromberg & Thorn) online archives
- Catholic Vital Records of Galicia/Halychyna
- Central Archives of Historical Records- Warsaw
- Church Registers Indexing – Lublin region
- Dictionary of Surnames Currently Used in Poland
- Elbląski Wortal Historyczny- Elblag History Portal
- Fotoreportaże Elbląg – Photographs of Elblag
- Galician Genealogy Resources
- Galicyjskie Towarzystwo Genealogiczne – Galician Genealogical Society
- Genealogia Polaków – Polish Genealogy
- Genealogy Indexer
- Genealogy of Halychyna / Eastern Galicia
- Gesher Galicia
- Katalog Szlachty – Nobility Catalog
- Księgi metrykalne z zasobu AGAD on-line- AGAD Online Registry Resource
- Małopolska Digital Library
- Orbik family from Podlasie
- Parish registers (metric books) | Archives of Belarus
- PIONIER Network Digital Libraries Federation
- Polish Archives Search
- Polish marriages until 1899
- Polish Parish Records Project
- Polish State Archives
- Poznan (Genealogy) Project
- Search tips for beginners in Polish Genealogy
- State Archive in Olsztyn
- Szczecin State Archives online records in Pommerania, civil and church records included
- The Polish Genealogy Project
- Torun (Thorn) Archive
- Wielkopolskie Towarzystwo Genealogiczne "Gniazdo" – Genealogy Society of Greater "Gniazdo"
Your comments and input on the accuracy, usefulness, and efficacy of this tool is most appreciated. If there are additional German/ Prussian sites you would like added to this search, we’d love to hear about them as well. Please use this link to contact me with any comments, suggestions, or problems.