Hermann Recht and Auguste Kunz were married in Baarendorf ev. Kirche Kreis Marienburg, West Preussen. To quote from the church records:
Johann Hermann Recht, born 16 June 1869 in Zeyersniederkampen, married Auguste Alvine Caroline Kunz on 10 March 1891.
(page 192 Baarendorf ev. Kirche).
Based upon an oral family history/ tradition obtained by me from Luise Rabideau geboren Senger, their grand-daughter, the Recht-Kunz marriage took place just after the death of Auguste’s father, August Ferdinand Kunz. The truth of the matter was that the marriage actually took place some three years after August’s death.
Hermann and Auguste had five children, that we have identified, four of which lived into adulthood. The children were:
- Elisa Hedwig Erna Recht- born: 4 Nov. 1892 – baptized: 1 Jan. 1893
- Ernst Hermann Ferdinand Recht- born: 23 Dec. 1893 – baptized: 28 Jan. 1894
- Ella Selma Recht- born: 21 Dec. 1896 – baptized: 21 Feb. 1897
- Frieda Auguste Recht- born: 19 Mar. 1898 – baptized: 31 Jul. 1898
- Otto Recht- born: 1 Nov. 1898 – died: 16 Nov. 1898
Images of our available family documentation may be found on our image galleries: Hermann Recht & Augusta Kunz Familie
Because of the generosity of newly found cousins in Germany (we are jointly descended from Hermann Recht & Auguste geboren Kunz), ManyRoads is now able to provide additional images and insights into the extended family of Hermann Recht and Auguste geboren Kunz.