Hmm… the top 10 genealogy items for ManyRoads this year are…
I wish I could say this list was complete, but it isn’t. But in the spirit of celebration, here’s my list:
10. Being invited to speak on genealogy at two locales during the year (Public speaking).
9. Accumulating copies of the Zeyer ev. Kirche records at the LDS Family History Center in Parker (Zeyer ev. Kirche Documents ).
8. Breaking the Deyo family brickwall (male line- Deyo-Deo-Dion-Guyon! ).
7. Creation of the ManyRoads Libraries (Libraries).
6. Creation of our Vertreibung Libraries and Galleries (Expulsion – Vertreibung).
5. Discovery of the imprisonment of Henss family ancestor Robert Owen by the British and Robert’s invitation to move the New World by William Penn (Robert & Jane (Vaughan) Owen- 1684 ).
4. Building my wife’s maternal family line from scratch.
3. Identifying the graves of two uncles who died fighting for their country in WW1 (Adolf Senger - Albert Senger ).
2. Obtaining a copy from the DRK Suchdienst for my grandmother’s incarceration in Soviet Gulags following World War 2 (Frieda Senger -Suchdienst & Soviet Records ).
1. Finding the birth records of my ‘Senger’ grandparents and great grandparents!(Frieda Senger Birth Record, Zeyer ev. Kirche Documents, Adelgunde Wilhelmine Senger geb. Kiehl is found!).
Other significant personal events of 2010 included:
- I became a professional genealogist!
- I have a small genealogical client base developing.
- Began a small and growing group on LinkedIn (Genealogy Guild)
- I have been asked to write for both geneabloggers and obituarieshelp.